1. Preheat 6-8 cups of oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare the ranch dressing, combine all of the ingredients except the water and
gelatin in small bowl. Mix the water with the gelatin in a small cup until all of the gelatin is
dissolved. Add this gelatin solution to the other ingredients and stir. Cover and chill the
dressing until it's needed.
3. Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl. Stir.
4. Combine the flour, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in another shallow bowl.
5. Pound each of the breast fillets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast fillet until it is round.
6. Working with one fillet at a time, first coat each fillet with the flour, then dredge it in the egg & water mixture. Coat the chicken once again in the flour and set it aside until all of the fillets have been breaded.
7. Fry the chicken fillets for 8-12 minutes or until light brown and crispy.
8. As chicken is frying, prepare each sandwich by grilling the face of the hamburger buns on a hot skillet over medium heat. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ranch dressing on the face of the top and bottom buns.
9. On the bottom bun, stack a leaf of lettuce and a tomato slice.
10. When the chicken is done frying, remove the fillets from the fryers and drain on paper towels or a rack for a couple of minutes.
11. Stack one fillet onto the bottom of the sandwich (onto the tomato), then top it off with the top bun. Repeat the stacking process for each of the sandwiches. Makes 4 sandwiches.